4/20/2009

Spring!

In the past days spring has really began to show itself here in Finland. More and more birds are beginning to arrive here, this is great news to any bird enthusiast.

Today we took a walk near us in Helsinki. I spotted quite a few birds and signs of spring. This was just a casual walk around Laajasalo and i didnt even try setting any goals or anything. I just grabbed Nikon D2X and attached 300mm nikkor f4 to it and i was set to go. This is really a great side of photography: it can be very spontaneous. It felt good not having to carry all those things and cadgets with me. Ones just have to take the attitude to take pictures for which the current setup is suitable for. Okay okay i admit it, i took the teleconverter with me, just in case.

As i took these photos i discussed with Päivi about bird species and their distinctive marks, this is when i realized im really interested in birds. Not just as photographical subjects, but as species. I've noticed my self learning new birdspecies by the looks of them all the time, more i do it more i come to like it. I really need to start learning the voices of most common little birds in order not having to try spot every bird i hear that i already have picture of.

I took some spring pictures and some pictures of birds that i didnt already have pictures of. I really hope these spring shots give you the same "spring is coming" feeling as they gave for me. Try them on your wallpaper and comment on them: i may be disqualified to judge whether they're good or not.


The natural continuum

Signs of life


a Canada goose

a great crested grebe

a coot

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti