3/23/2009

Casual sunday

So this is my first post on my photography blog. Last sunday we took a walk near where we live here in Helsinki. Main intention of the trip was to get away from the urban lifestyle and to refresh our minds a little after pretty hectic weekend with our 3 week old baby Aamu (she is very moody at the moment.) But as always daddy had something else in mind too hehe, my newly bought Nikkor 300mm F4. I used it with crop body Nikon D2X, so the focal lenght is equivalent to some nice 450mm or so. I took pictures 3 different species of birds. First off some pictures of mallards followed by a picture of starling. We also encountered three mute swans.
I also noticed that for the smaller birds 450 mm wasnt nearly enough. Thats why i bought Nikkor TC-200 teleconverter second hand for 50 euros, which will double the focal length of the current setup. The drawback is of course the doubled aperture and unsupported autofocus function. The latter doesnt matter anyway since the little birds im photographing seem to always inhabit behind branches so autofocus is useless anyway. I hope that ill receive the teleconverter this week so i can report something about its affect on the nikkor 300's performance. I dont excpect it to be a great deal with crop body like Nikon D2X but we'll see.




2 kommenttia:

  1. Uu nice pix lol! :D Don't have any idea about the camera parts and stuff.. :P But keep on taking good pics!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thanks Pajkas for the inspiring comment! The blog is mainly about the cadgets used, but my intention is to include as many as good pics as possible!!

    VastaaPoista